Skip to main content

Letter to friends

"Thanks peach for taking time to let us know what's going on...we missed you on Friday! I really liked Pastor Jojo's sermon too, it really spoke to what I'm going through and challenged me, a lot.

"Well, somebody already knows what I've been going through this week, but just to clue you all in:

"It's boyfriend stuff (What else!). Basically, I was faced with deciding what was God's will for my life, whether He wanted me to get married or not. It came from the stuff Austin & I are starting, mostly saving money to get married and because I had not yet answered this question for myself, I was having a hard time being on the same page as he. Austin has no doubts. But I did. Long story short, God used my parents, the Bible, several helpful web pages, prayer and His special revelation to show me that the things that I want to do in my life, I can't do without help, and that He was giving me Austin to be my helper, my partner.

"That was big. The impact of the revelation, the moment when I broke down before my God and told Him, 'Okay. I will do what you want.' I was crying and for the first time in months, I was at peace. My friends will tell you that I am always worrying, always anxious about something. It's something I struggle with. But at that moment I had the answer to a question that I had been asking ever since I was a lonely junior higher with acne and no friends, and I heard about people like Paul the Apostle and Jesus and all the people who never got married. I kinda thought I was supposed to be lonely for my whole life, because I was so used to it. It was my 'fate.'

"God wants us to be happy. I know it's not a huge surprise, but for me it is so difficult to strike that fine balance between what I, me, I want, and denying that to serve God. When's the point at which we 'give in' to our desires? I think my dad put it best: If you are actively seeking God's will, praying, reading your Bible, going to church, surrounding yourself with other members of God's family, doing your best to obey Him, and, most importantly, earnestly seeking to do His will, the things that you desire will be the things God desires for you!

"Psalm 37:4 says, Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

"This verse I just now remembered. I started crying again because I felt so silly forgetting it! Duh! No wonder my dad said what he said.

"Point: God is good. He doesn't want us to be miserable.

"I love you guys! I hope and pray that He works in your lives to make you into, happy, FULFILLED women of God.
Love to my sisters from our Father!"

marmelad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Statement, draft 5

I would appreciate any feedback you all may have :) I have wanted to be a lawyer for a very long time. I have experienced some things in my life so far. I draw on these experiences with each new endeavor. I think about these advantages as get ready to start law school. I am a member of the United States Army National Guard. I took 20 weeks of mentally and physically rigorous initial training, which I completed with highest compliments from peers and supervisors alike. One Drill Sergeant commented as I left the training facility, that it is a shame that such an excellent soldier is National Guard and not full-time Regular Army. I beat out 21 males and 6 females for the top spot in the 10-week vehicle maintenance course I took. I spent the whole of 2004 in Iraq with a transportation company of 120 soldiers; only 14 were female. I know how to thrive in a male-dominated environment. My job in Iraq was to liaise with and supervise groups of Iraqi w

Sagoyewatha (Red Lion), 1805

"You say that you are sent to instruct us how to worship the Great Spirit agreeable to His mind. And if we do not take hold of the religion which you white people teach, we shall be unhappy hereafter. You say that you are right, and we are lost. How do you know this to be true? We understand that your religion is written in a book. If it was intended for us as well as for you, why has not the Great Spirit given it to us, and not only to us, but why did He not give to our forefathers knowledge of that book, with the means of understanding it rightly? We only know what you tell us about it. How shall we know when to believe, being so often deceived by the white man? "Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agree, as you can all read the book? "Brother, we do not understand these things. We are told that your religion was given to your forefathers

The extra women are senior citizens

Lately I have been doing a lot of research into the polygynous (polygamous) lifestyle. Some of you might recall my post about polyandry a while ago. Part of my research included spending some time on a pro-polygamy website. Even though "polygamy" means "multiple spouses," the site purports only to be pro-polygyny (multiple wives), which in itself is part of the hypocrisy. Anyway, that's another issue. The following is a response to a comment someone had made about polyandry being a nonissue because, as he put it, "In a general society there are simply more women." I did a bit of googling and number crunching and here's what I came up with. Note the slight difference in demographics, age 65 for world stats vs. age 54 for US stats: It is not true that there are "simply more women" in "a general society." The male-to-female ratio for the entire world population is 1.01 males/female, with 1.06 at birth, still 1.06 for thos