Skip to main content
I'm scheduled to take the LSAT on Groundhog Day next year, so I've started to study for it. Thanks to dad, I have a pretty good idea of which schools to apply to...even though the data may be old when I get back from deployment. But I can always update. Math is a powerful thing.

The prep is fun. It's basically sample tests that test your logical reasoning. Like, there are four people, and they all have four different names, and are eating four different things, and mr smith is to the right of the guy eating pancakes, and the guy in the blue chair is not eating french toast, and the guy in the red chair is sitting across from the guy in the green chair, so who is eating an omelette? Stuff like that. I think it's fun.

Um...work was a little better yesterday. I wanted to talk to a manager about the situation...but I didn't. I guess I'll try again today. I...have...little...motivation...to do...things. But the ladies in dept 34 are nice. They are very positive. There's kind of a lot to do there so we have to work as a team, and communicate...it takes my mind off the other stuff that's going on. One of them is older and calls me "love." She's a sweet lady.

Austin's been great through this. He's very understanding and patient. I think he's a superhero. I've never met anyone who's stronger mentally than I am. He amazes me and encourages me.

I guess if I think about it, he and my dad are the only ones close to me about whom I can say that.

Austin & I are going to visit the Getty on Thursday. I'm excited! I haven't been there since we went with Uncle Ted, the girls, and Grandma Sharon; Dan, Ruth, and mom too I think. I'm really looking forward to the wonderful views, and the yummy caféteria with the wonderful views. (I just made that word up. It's like, cafeteria style, but with café-style seating and feel.)

I'm still processing everything that's going on. Right now I get these spurts of injustice in my stomach. But I know that even though I didn't create the problems, I am the only one who can do anything about them. And that feels unjust. I want to say my time is precious to me, but I waste so much every day...I don't know. It's still valuable to me. My energy. My mental capacity. I am completely unmotivated to devote any of those resources to what I feel doesn't deserve them. But then I realize, again, that I am the only one who cares to change the situation. And if I don't, it affects me negatively. So it behooves me to take care of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Statement, draft 5

I would appreciate any feedback you all may have :) I have wanted to be a lawyer for a very long time. I have experienced some things in my life so far. I draw on these experiences with each new endeavor. I think about these advantages as get ready to start law school. I am a member of the United States Army National Guard. I took 20 weeks of mentally and physically rigorous initial training, which I completed with highest compliments from peers and supervisors alike. One Drill Sergeant commented as I left the training facility, that it is a shame that such an excellent soldier is National Guard and not full-time Regular Army. I beat out 21 males and 6 females for the top spot in the 10-week vehicle maintenance course I took. I spent the whole of 2004 in Iraq with a transportation company of 120 soldiers; only 14 were female. I know how to thrive in a male-dominated environment. My job in Iraq was to liaise with and supervise groups of Iraqi w

The extra women are senior citizens

Lately I have been doing a lot of research into the polygynous (polygamous) lifestyle. Some of you might recall my post about polyandry a while ago. Part of my research included spending some time on a pro-polygamy website. Even though "polygamy" means "multiple spouses," the site purports only to be pro-polygyny (multiple wives), which in itself is part of the hypocrisy. Anyway, that's another issue. The following is a response to a comment someone had made about polyandry being a nonissue because, as he put it, "In a general society there are simply more women." I did a bit of googling and number crunching and here's what I came up with. Note the slight difference in demographics, age 65 for world stats vs. age 54 for US stats: It is not true that there are "simply more women" in "a general society." The male-to-female ratio for the entire world population is 1.01 males/female, with 1.06 at birth, still 1.06 for thos

Focus on the positive

I've been trying to focus on the positive instead of the negative, to seek out the ways in which the imperfection of the world is not keeping it from getting better. To this end, I wanted to share this: