Skip to main content

I've lost the music

I've lost the music.

There was a time in my life when I made music. I didn't make it up but I was involved in a creative process, interpretation. I was not that bad at it. I really enjoyed it.

But now it seems I've lost the music. There are certainly other things in my life to which I apply myself creatively...but I'm not as good at any of them as I was at the music.

I think some of this feeling of loss comes partially from the winter season, which right now feels like a time for me to look back and remember stuff.

It's...an empty feeling. While other aspects of my life feel full, that particular part feels empty.

I know exactly what happened. I was there for every part of it. I made all the decisions that led to where I am now. I know that some important things in my life would have suffered had I not...given up the music.

But still I mourn for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Statement, draft 5

I would appreciate any feedback you all may have :) I have wanted to be a lawyer for a very long time. I have experienced some things in my life so far. I draw on these experiences with each new endeavor. I think about these advantages as get ready to start law school. I am a member of the United States Army National Guard. I took 20 weeks of mentally and physically rigorous initial training, which I completed with highest compliments from peers and supervisors alike. One Drill Sergeant commented as I left the training facility, that it is a shame that such an excellent soldier is National Guard and not full-time Regular Army. I beat out 21 males and 6 females for the top spot in the 10-week vehicle maintenance course I took. I spent the whole of 2004 in Iraq with a transportation company of 120 soldiers; only 14 were female. I know how to thrive in a male-dominated environment. My job in Iraq was to liaise with and supervise groups of Iraqi w

The extra women are senior citizens

Lately I have been doing a lot of research into the polygynous (polygamous) lifestyle. Some of you might recall my post about polyandry a while ago. Part of my research included spending some time on a pro-polygamy website. Even though "polygamy" means "multiple spouses," the site purports only to be pro-polygyny (multiple wives), which in itself is part of the hypocrisy. Anyway, that's another issue. The following is a response to a comment someone had made about polyandry being a nonissue because, as he put it, "In a general society there are simply more women." I did a bit of googling and number crunching and here's what I came up with. Note the slight difference in demographics, age 65 for world stats vs. age 54 for US stats: It is not true that there are "simply more women" in "a general society." The male-to-female ratio for the entire world population is 1.01 males/female, with 1.06 at birth, still 1.06 for thos

Focus on the positive

I've been trying to focus on the positive instead of the negative, to seek out the ways in which the imperfection of the world is not keeping it from getting better. To this end, I wanted to share this: